How Transaction and Refund Inter-Relate
We use SSL encryption technology to save you from any hassle during the transaction process. As soon as you enter your card details, the required payment will be deducted from your account, and the process will be encrypted.
While all the process is encrypted and safe, there is no chance of any fraud happening, but in some extreme cases, people can get robbed digitally. However, by using Socialbuddy as your marketing partner, we must protect you from these difficulties.
If in case, a payment is not made by the cardholder, Socialbuddy has all the rights to reset them. In a proven fraud case, we will block the IP address, and future activities will be restricted.
In a proven fraud case, we are responsible for refunding your money according to the terms and conditions of our company. The refund policy is usable within 30 days of the transaction. You can also claim for refund if you are unsatisfied with our services or have any problem during the delivery.
Things You Will Need To Claim A Refund
To become rightful for a refund claim, you need two things:
- Order Number
- Billing Name
Refund Eligibility Standard
Our company has a few terms and conditions for becoming eligible to claim a refund.
- A refund claim will not be valid if the order status is ‘processing’ or ‘completed.’
- If a user has changed the account name during the process, they can get a refund.
- SocialBuddy does not work with private accounts, which is mentioned clearly in our terms and conditions. So, if your account were private or you made it private during the process, you can not get a refund. Socialbuddy won’t be responsible for any mishap in a personal account situation.
- Without contacting our customer care, if a client file a complaint against us, they will not get any refund.
- Our refund eligibility criteria depend on the 30 days of the transaction. You can only claim a refund within 30 days of the transaction; if you claim after 30 days, the claim will automatically become invalid.
- SocialBuddy does not work with semi-payment or installments, so we don’t store any payments.